Look, guys! Look! My first ever Sunday Sharing that’s actually on a Sunday! Woot!
Without further ado, let’s get right to the links:
1. A great article from agent Sarah LaPolla about love triangles in fiction (don’t worry–this is not a break down of Edward vs. Jacob). Good food for thought if you’re planning on having any sort of romantic plotline in your novel.
2. Feeling down about rejection? It always helps to know you’re in good company when times are tough. Here are 14 bestsellers that were rejected numerous times before they found a publisher (and went on to fame and fortune).
3. Meghan Tonjes got her start posting original music on YouTube. She has since gone on to appear on the Ellen DeGeneres show (see video below) and to record her own album (which you can pre-order here). This girl is so beautiful and has an amazing voice–I can’t wait to see where she goes!
4. Mark Twain definitely knew his stuff, and this concise article offers 12 timeless writing tips from the master wordsmith himself. Definitely worth looking at.
5. A great video from NYT bestselling author Joseph Finder on being a productive writer in a world of modern technology and all the glorious tools (and distractions) that come with it.
6. Bestselling fantasy author Neil Gaiman responds to the question, “Where do you get your ideas?“ Funny, thoughtful, and (to me, anyways) reassuring.
7. I often hear writers on the NaNoWriMo forums raving about the Snowflake method of novel planning. Although I myself have yet to make use of it (I tend to write by the seat of my pants more than by planning things out), I may still give it a shot at some point, and I figure others may find it useful as well. Check it out!
There we are: done. Finished. Over. Fini. Merci!